Monday 8 April 2013

National Chip Week 18th-24th February 2013

I don't know if many of you know that it is national chip week this week. Yes the humble spud has it's own week : )

As we are celebrating chips I thought I would share my yummy healthy chip recipe  it comes from Slimming World but I add my own twist.

First of all you will need some spuds, peel them  or leave the skin on it's up to you.

Cut them up into chip shapes, I like them nice and chunky : )

Next you will need to put them on speed boil for between 5-8 minutes depending on how many chips you are doing and also how fat you want your chips.

Drain the water and give the chips a bit of a shake to rough them up.
Spray your tray with fry light or if you are being a little naughty wipe the tray with some olive oil.


Empty your chips on to your prepped tray and spray with some fry light/ drizzle with olive oil and cover with plenty of salt and pepper.

Give it all a good shake and pop in the oven for 20-25 minutes at about 220c. Make sure you shake the chips half way through so that they all go a nice golden colour.

Enjoy with some salt and vinegar or just on their own : )

No comments:

Post a Comment